Wednesday, July 20, 2011,4:47 AM
Pride
Before I was so proud to be Filipino. When I was younger I was taught that Filipinos were great; they never gave up and were resourceful. And best of all, Filipinos kept faith, no matter how hard times get rough. I was really thankful I was Filipino because I felt that I was meant to be one.
I liked learning about the history of Filipinos and I was pretty happy that I was fluent in Tagalog. I liked that I kept up with my heritage and that I didn't want to ever forget it.
But recently, its not that I'm ashamed to be one, its that I'm embarrassed that I have idiots who have the same race as me. Not all Filipinos are attention seeking whores who wear caked up makeup and barely any clothing. Thats just the shitty kind of Filipinos that got way too over their heads. Those Filipinos thought that since they're in America they're already freakin' great. Since they're not in a third world country they feel that they're privileged to be acting like tryhards who think they're the shit.
There are a lot of good Filipinos who try not to fill the new stereotype of Filipinos being total skanks or man whores. Those bad Filipinos make the us good Filipinos look terrible to society and many are starting to think that ALL Filipinos are like that.
I'm still glad to be Filipino because I seriously can't imagine myself any other race, but it sucks that I have to be mixed with these horrible people.
I am aware that all races have a similar problem like this, they have this group of people who just ruin it for the rest; but it seems as if almost ALL Filipinos are starting to be like this and it just sucks.
It's pretty funny how people are surprised that I say I'm Filipino ... I guess cause I don't have caked up make up on my face and I dress like a normal person.
1st world problems //cries